Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New Pictures of the Little Man...

First wave???



The "photo shoot" on the futon!


Seth without hair!:^)


Playing in the music room!

6 months already!?!? No kidding, blink and you'll miss it. I have been trying not to blink too often these days, even this week with the cutting of his first TWO teeth and his first cold...all at the same time!! There are so many things I am looking forward to...hearing him talk, watching him learn to crawl and walk, watching him try new foods, seeing him meet new people, seeing his first act of compassion, and chasing the pets! Then so much I want to protect him from and so many conversations I look forward and dread having with him. But we miss so much of right now when we look forward. He is teaching me all about being in the here and now. Even at 6 months he knows when my mind is preoccupied and when I'm not totally into him. So I'm learning everyday how to say "yes" to him and "no" to other things that 7 months ago would have been a must before going to bed. How I strive to prioritize my faith in that same way...some days I do okay, most I probably fail miserably. But God knows I am weak like that and I know all about His mercy that I don't deserve. I'll spend a lifetime readjusting priorities and learning new rhythms. And I guess that's what makes it makes it...interesting!

5 comments:

Rachelle A. said...

He is SO cute!!

The Elliotts said...

He is adorable, Christy. I know you guys are proud. Are you coming to the reunion? I miss you!!!

Brian and Rose said...

This is a great post...a good reminder for me too! Oh and yes...Seth is just way to cute for words.
I almost called you today...can we catch lunch sometime or hang out after work?

Chanda Canup said...

hmmm...you know, you may have to re-title this blog :) Kids change all kinds of things once they come along!

Alli and Erik said...

Christy, he is so cute. I know you are a proud Momma! Keep the pics coming. I love to see little ones grow up!